This award is supported by the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
The Awards of Excellence recognize CFPC members who in the past 12 to 24 months have made an outstanding contribution in a specific area pertaining to one or more of the following areas: patient care, community service, hospital or health care institutions, College activities (National or Chapter), teaching, research, or other elements of the academic discipline of family medicine.
- Charitable or humanitarian work
- Outstanding teaching
- Excellence in clinical practice
- Innovative research program
- Leadership during community outbreak of infectious disease
- Establishment of a training program in family violence
- Innovations in developing a new program to address a health care need
- Leadership role in a hospital or regional health care program
- Development of health care programs in specific areas (eg, palliative care)
Nominations are invited from CFPC members and the public and must be submitted to the provincial Chapter office of the nominee.
The deadlines for submission vary according to each Chapter. Please contact the provincial Chapter of your nominee to confirm the annual deadline date.
The Chapters will submit their nominations for this award to the national Honours & Awards Committee prior to May 1.