The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), the Arthritis Alliance of Canada (AAC), and the Centre for Effective Practice (CEP) partnered to develop the Osteoarthritis (OA) Tool*, to help family physicians and other health care providers understand that osteoarthritis is a common, treatable, chronic illness.
The tool helps clinicians:
- Identify, assess, and monitor OA
- Equip patients for high quality, self-management
- Recommend specific non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic therapies
The CFPC encourages its members to support this initiative by:
- Posting to Twitter, using the hashtag #OATool, tagging @ToolsForDocs, and following the CFPC’s Programs and Practice Support (PPS) for updates
- Using the hashtag #OATool on professional networks such as LinkedIn
- Sharing impressions of the tool and how it’s helped in practice via email
Questions about the tool? Contact the PPS by email
*Acknowledgment: Dr. Julia Alleyne, MD, CCFP (SEM), FCFP, in collaboration with a Clinical Working Group of subject matter experts: Carol Cox, Dr. Pierre Frémont, Dr. Gillian Hawker, Dr. Sahil Jain, Dr. Mathieu Lafontaine-Godbout, Dr. Victor Lun, and Dr. Natasha Gakhal. Arthritis Alliance of Canada, the Centre for Effective Practice and the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Osteoarthritis Tool. June 2017.