Mainpro+® (Maintenance of Proficiency) is a CFPC program designed to support and promote continuing professional development of family physicians practising in Canada.
For more information, please visit Mainpro+® (Maintenance of Proficiency).
Canadian Family Physician (CFP) is a certified Mainpro+ provider. Members of the CFPC may earn certified Self-Learning Mainpro+ credits for performing brief reflective exercises after reading eligible articles in the journal. Here’s how it works:
- Each issue of CFP includes articles that are designated as eligible for Mainpro+ certified Self-Learning credits. Look for the Mainpro+ symbol in the CFP Table of Contents in print or online.
- Read the article or articles for which you wish to claim Mainpro+ certified credits. You may also read the articles on the CFP website.
- Log in to your Mainpro+ account
- Click “Enter a CPD Activity” (green button at top of the page)
- Select Self-Learning
- Click Certified and select “CFP Mainpro+ articles”
- Select the article you have read
- Click “Continue” to complete the reflective exercise
- Select one of the three questions to answer, enter the date and click “Submit”
Alternatively, once logged-in you can access all articles available for Mainpro+ certified Self-Learning credits by going to “My Mainpro+ Articles” on the left side of this page. If you’re not logged in, you will be prompted to do so. When ready, click the blue “claim credits” button and continue with steps 4-9 outlined above.