Family Medicine Forum Committee
The Family Medicine Forum Committee (FMFC) plans the premier family medicine conference in Canada every year. The Committee’s specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and communicating the purpose, goals, and mission of Family Medicine Forum (FMF), along with the approach to attaining and measuring these goals.
- Developing the overall strategy for FMF including the educational content, exhibit hall, and networking opportunities.
- Establishing and planning FMF education, including all clinical, teaching, and research components.
- Developing and communicating learning objectives for the program as a whole.
- Selecting topics and speakers for FMF, except when defined by the FMFC as the responsibility of others.
- Ensuring the inclusion of appropriate speakers and topics for keynote sessions for each FMF.
- Choosing topics, speakers, length of time per session, flow, breaks, and total hours of education.
- Ensuring family physicians will receive relevant, high quality materials and approaches to patient education and patient self-management related to the clinical topics presented at FMF.
- Monitoring and evaluating FMF progress over time to ensure its quality and continuity, and that it is meeting the FMF vision and goals.
- Conducting an annual needs assessment for review and consideration of future FMF events.
- Recommending changes required for future FMF events, based on the evaluation of previous FMF events.
- Reviewing and recommending policies to be implemented for all aspects of FMF.
- Approving the site selections for several years in advance of each FMF installation.
- Overseeing essential promotional strategies for each year’s FMF.
- Approving the annual FMF budget to be submitted to the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) Board of Directors’ Finance and Audit Committee. This includes approving registration fees, exhibitor fees, ancillary fees, and speaker honoraria.
- Helping to ensure that FMF is carried out within the budget as approved by the FMFC and CFPC Board of Directors.
- Carrying out other responsibilities as may be defined by the CFPC Board of Directors.
Learn more about the Family Medicine Forum
Who we are
Family Medicine Forum Committee 2020/2021
Dr. Leslie Griffin, Co-Chair & Nova Scotia Representative
Dr. Stephen Hawrylyshyn, Co-Chair & Ontario Representative
Dr. Ganesan Abbu, Manitoba
Dr. Lana Barkhouse, Prince Edward Island
Dr. Katherine Bell, British Columbia / Rural
Dr. Kiran Dhillon, Alberta / First Five Years in Family Practice
Dr. Jason Hosain, Saskatchewan
Dr. Moulay Jbala, Quebec
Dr. Amanda Tzenov, Newfoundland
Dr. Doug Archibald, Section of Researchers
Dr. Ian Scott, Section of Teachers
Ms Katrina Leong, Section of Medical Students
Dr. Benjamin Schiff, Member Interest Groups Section
Dr. Peter Zhang, Section of Residents