Partnership in Action
In July we announced $3.58 million in funding over five years to the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) and the Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine (FAFM) from Scotiabank and MD Financial, in collaboration with the Canadian Medical Association.
The funding will help the College and FAFM enhance programs, create opportunities to celebrate outstanding achievements, and foster a strong future for family medicine in Canada.
Supporting the Next Generation of Family Physicians
The funding supports the next generation of family physicians through:
- Student and family medicine resident scholarships and awards, including dedicated funds for Indigenous students and residents
- Family Medicine Interest Groups at medical schools across Canada to inspire students to pursue rewarding careers in family medicine
Scotiabank and MD Financial extend their sincere congratulations to this year’s recipients of the Medical Student Scholarships recognizing outstanding medical students committed to a career in family medicine.
Medical Student Scholarship recipients, Family Medicine Forum 2019, Vancouver.
Promoting Professional Development
The sponsorship also supports:
- Celebrating the outstanding achievements of CFPC members through the Reg L. Perkin Awards presented to the Family Physicians of the Year
- Supporting professional development and networking opportunities for family physicians at Family Medicine Forum
- Helping advance primary care around the world through international fellowships in family medicine
Our colleagues at Scotiabank and MD Financial congratulate the 2019 recipients of the Reg L. Perkin awards, a diverse group 10 exceptional family physicians—one from each province—recognized for their contribution to the health and well-being of their communities.
The 2019 Family Physicians of the Year, Family Medicine Forum 2019, Vancouver.
This partnership ultimately supports family doctors and the patients and communities they serve—and that’s what it’s all about.