Avik Nath, MD
Nominee for Director-at-Large
Following the Nominating Committee’s thorough application and interview process, the Board of Directors would like to put forward Dr. Avik Nath of Ottawa, Ontario, as a nominee for the available CFPC Board position based on his:
- Perspective as a Certificate of Added Competence (CAC) holder in Emergency Medicine and as Chair of the Emergency Medicine Program Directors
- A CAC holder has been a gap on the CFPC Board
- Awareness of the current work on the Outcomes of Training Project and focus on education, as well as knowledge of the Patient’s Medical Home vision
- Thoughtful reflection about many aspects of family medicine and the CFPC
- Strong ethical reasoning skills and respectful approach to teamwork
- Leadership experience including governance and financial acumen
- Promotion of equity, diversity, and inclusion as an individual from a racialized background
- Political acumen and understanding of public affairs and experience in government relations
Please read Dr. Nath’s introduction.
Please see Dr. Nath’s CV.
Conflict of interest:
Dr. Nath’s declaration of any potential, perceived, or real conflicts of interest, if elected as a CFPC Board Director, and the proposed mitigation strategy:
“I have no conflicts of interest to declare.”