Postgraduate Education Committee (PGEC)
The Postgraduate Education Committee (PGEC) is a sub-committee of the Section of Teachers (SOT) Council. Its purpose is to guide and support postgraduate family medicine core and enhanced skills programs, in the cyclical development, implementation, critical review, and improvement of the training of family medicine residents to meet the societal needs of all Canadians.
This Committee collaborates with the postgraduate directors across Canada to create quality family medicine experiences.
The Postgraduate Education Committee:
- Makes recommendations and provides guidance and support to Postgraduate Family Medicine (FM) leadership, with a focus on:
- implementation of the national postgraduate Residency Training Profile for Family Medicine.
- resident preparedness for practice that includes in-training assessment for competence, professional identity, and confidence.
- residency education quality improvement, scholarship, and evaluation of outcomes
- equity, diversity, and inclusion
- social accountability
- Works with, and provides support to, Family Medicine Postgraduate, Enhanced Skills, and Site Directors to address queries, explore emerging trends and respond to external and internal concerns and questions regarding FM residency education.
- Facilitate communication and sharing of educational resources and best practices across and between residency programs and acts as a liaison between the CFPC’s Section of Teachers (SOT) Council and other committees of the College to support teachers, preceptors, and educational leaders to provide residency education.
- Fosters a culture of collaboration and scholarship highlighting the contribution of family medicine in advancing medical education in Canada, and beyond.
Who we are
Dr. Keith Wycliffe-Jones
Dr. Kathy Lawrence
Dr. Giovanna Sirianni
Dr. Vivian Ramsden
Dr. Shelley Ross
Dr. Paul Miron
Dr. Tania Riendeau
Dr. Michelle Morros
Dr. Heather Waters
Dr. Stephen Beerman
Dr. Scott McKay
Dr. Frantz-Daniel Lafortune
College of Family Physicians of Canada staff
Education Projects Coordinator
To contact the Postgraduate Education Committee, or to ask questions about the Committee’s work, please send an email to [email protected].