The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) has a reciprocal credit reporting agreement with the following partner organizations:
Collège des médecins du QuébecThe Collège des médecins du Québec accredits continuing professional development (CPD) organizations in the province of Quebec that wish to grant CPD credits. Mainpro+ users can claim an unlimited amount of Quebec Category 1 credits as certified credits in the Mainpro+ system. Quebec Category 1 credits can be claimed in all three Mainpro+ activity categories:
- Group Learning
American Academy of Family PhysiciansThe American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) is the accrediting body for family medicine CPD/continuing medical education (CME) in the United States.
Prescribed credits can be claimed as the equivalent number of certified credits, and Elective credits can be claimed as the equivalent number of non-certified credits.
For a complete list of high-quality CME/CPD programs accredited by the AAFP, visit its online events calendar.
The CFPC will accept credits from these additional organizations:
American Medical AssociationMembers may claim up to 50 credits per five-year cycle from Physician’s Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 credits. Any additional credits are eligible as non-certified credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of CanadaMembers may claim certified credits through the Maintenance of Certification program:
- Accredited Section 1 and Section 3 credits are eligible for certified credits, up to a maximum of 50 credits per five-year cycle. Any additional credits are eligible as non-certified credits.
- Accredited Section 2 activity credits are eligible for non-certified credits and are unlimited.
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)While the RACGP uses a points system to quantify the CPD it delivers, the CFPC recognizes these activities based on the number of activity hours, not points.
- RACGP Category 1 activity hours will be accepted as Mainpro+ certified credits:
- The CFPC will accept one credit per hour for all RACGP Category 1 activities.
- Please note: Basic life-support courses such as BLS or CPR are not eligible for Mainpro+ certified credits.
- RACGP Category 2 activity hours will be accepted as Mainpro+ non-certified credits:
- The CFPC will accept one credit per hour for all RACGP Category 2 activities.
Getting credit for other international activitiesComplete the International CPD Activities (Individual Consideration) form to see if certified or non-certified credits can be awarded.
Log in to Mainpro+.