Check out the latest improvements to Mainpro+®
New Mainpro+ features
The CFPC has enhanced its Mainpro+ activity search function. Searching is intuitive, flexible, and offers an enhanced multi-field search option.
What happens during a two-year remedial cycle?
Any CFPC member or Non-Member Mainpro+ Participant (NMMP) who does not meet the credit requirements of their five-year cycle will be placed in a two-year remedial cycle. During a two-year remedial cycle:
- The use of all applicable CFPC Special Designations (e.g., CCFP, MCFP, FCFP, and CACs) will be suspended
- Mainpro+ users are required to earn and report a total of 100 credits, of which at least 50 must be from certified activities
- Cycle and Special Designation status updates will be reported to the appropriate licensing body
- Credits from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Royal College) and American Medical Association (AMA) activities can be claimed only as non-certified credits (i.e., they may not be claimed as certified credits regardless of the program’s status)
- All entries will require documentation (proof of participation or certificate of attendance) to be uploaded at the time of credit entry and are subject to review and approval by the CFPC
Early completion of a remedial cycle
CFPC members and NMMPs who are in two-year remedial cycles are eligible for early-completion status if they meet the cycle requirements within the first 12 months. Once an individual meets the requirements for early completion, their CFPC Special Designations will be restored (if applicable) and their two-year remedial cycle will be converted into a regular five-year cycle. The cycle start date will remain the same and all the credits that were previously reported and approved will apply to the new five-year cycle.
For example, if your two-year remedial cycle began on July 1, 2018 (with an end date of June 30, 2020), and you were able to earn and report 50 certified credits and 50 non-certified credits by February 1, 2019, your new cycle would be:
Start date: July 1, 2018
End date: June 30, 2023
Cycle summary: 50 certified and 50 non-certified credits
Everything you need to know about Mainpro+
Looking for quick tips on using Mainpro+? The Mainpro+ Manual is a concise resource that guides you through everything you need to know about earning and reporting credits in Mainpro+. Developed based on feedback from Mainpro+ users, the manual includes a frequently asked questions section, helpful screenshots to guide credit reporting, and links to informative videos.
Mainpro+ Manual: A continuing commitment to lifelong learning
A complete list of Mainpro+ certified and non-certified activities